Level and attunement
This guide shows all information (Alliance and Horde).
Minimum entrance level: 8
Meetingstone level: 13-20
Advised level (most fun): 13-16
From Blizzard's Official site:
|Ragefire Chasm consists of a network of volcanic caverns that lie below the orcs' new capital city of Orgrimmar. Recently, rumors have spread that a cult loyal to the demonic Shadow Council has taken up residence within the Chasm's fiery depths. This cult, known as the Burning Blade, threatens the very sovereignty of Durotar. Many believe that the orc Warchief, Thrall, is aware of the Blade's existence and has chosen not to destroy it in the hopes that its members might lead him straight to the Shadow Council. Either way, the dark powers emanating from Ragefire Chasm could undo all that the orcs have fought to attain.
Achievements for this dungeon
- Ragefire Chasm
- 10 points: Defeat Taragaman the Hungerer.
Quests for this dungeon
- [16D] Hidden Enemies
- This is the main quest, objectives are to kill Jergosh and Bazzalan at the end of the dungeon. To get this quest, you must first complete a couple of solo quests, go talk to Thrall in Orgrimmar, he will give you  Hidden Enemies. After this missions, you have to return to Thrall, who will send you to Neeru Fireblade for a talk. When returning to Thrall you will get the Elite quest for Ragefire Chasm.
- [15D] Testing an Enemies Strength
- Given by Rahauro in Thunder Bluff, you can find him on the Elder Rise. This quest is self explanatory, you will complete it while doing the main quest.
- [16D] Searching for the lost Satchel
- Given by Rahauro as well. This quest is easy, Maur Grimtotem's location is on the map.
- [16D] Slaying the Beast
- Given by Neeru Fireblade, he is easy to find. He is in a tent right next to the entrance to RFC. The Objective of the quest is to kill Taragaman the Hungerer. He is on your way to Jergosh and Bazzalan, you can't miss him. (he's also marked on the map)
- [16D] The Power to Destroy
- Given by Varimathras, in the Undercity. You can find him in the back area of the Apothecarium. The objectives are to find two books on searing blade agents. The Spells of Shadow and Incantations from the Nether books can be found on Searing Blade Cultists and/or Searing Blade Warlocks as rare drops. You will find a lot of these mobs on the way to the bosses. This quest has nice pants rewards for every class.
- [23D] The Path of the Adept
- Given by Knight-Lord Bloodvalor, in Silvermoon City. This is a followup quest for Paladins only. This is also not the last quest in de chain. One of the four objectives of this quest can be found in this dungeon. Blood of the Wrathful can be found in the last chamber there's an orb in the back. Using the orb will summon a level 20 elite demon named Zelemar the Wrathful. The blood you need is his, so kill him and take it.
This is the map with important spots of the dungeon. Get full map here.
- Maur Grimtotem and Oggleflint
- Taragaman the Hungerer
- Jergosh the Invoker
(E = Entrance)
Bosses, tactics and drops
- [16E] Bazzalan
- No specifics, easy kill. He drops nothing much really.
- [16E] Jergosh the Invoker
- Take him out first and the adds when he's dead. Always get rid of the caster first!
- [15-16E] Taragaman the Hungerer
- He is fire resistant, so nuke him with everything but firespels.
-  Maur Grimtotem and [16E] Oggleflint
- They are not that hard. Oggleflint can hit hard, so healers should keep an eye on the tank. Both only drop grays.
Before entering the dungeon
There are no real group specifics. Any group of high enough level will do as long as you bring a healer. It's a very long walk from the graveyard to the dungeon.
Horde: Pick up quests in Undercity, Thunder Bluff and go through the quest-chain from Thrall in Orgrimmar to get the dungeon quest  Hidden Enemies (Elite). If you are a Paladin, you should do the questchain needed for  The Path of the Adept (Elite).
See wow-europe, wowwiki and/or thottbot for more information.