Level and attunement
This guide shows all information (Alliance and Horde).
Minimum entrance level: 30
Minimum level to obtain all quests: 40
Meetingstone level: 32-44
Advised level (most fun): 36-40
From Blizzard's Official site:
|Uldaman is an ancient Titan vault that has laid buried deep within the earth since the world's creation. Dwarven excavations have recently penetrated this forgotten city, releasing the Titans' first failed creations: the troggs. Legends say that the Titans created troggs from stone. When they deemed the experiment a failure, the Titans locked the troggs away and tried again - resulting in the creation of the dwarven race. The secrets of the dwarves' creation are recorded on the fabled Discs of Norgannon - massive Titan artifacts that lie at the very bottom of the ancient city. Recently, the Dark Iron dwarves have launched a series of incursions into Uldaman, hoping to claim the discs for their fiery master, Ragnaros. However, protecting the buried city are several guardians - giant constructs of living stone that crush any hapless intruders they find. The Discs themselves are guarded by a massive, sentient Stonekeeper called Archaedas. Some rumors even suggest that the dwarves' stone-skinned ancestors, the earthen, still dwell deep within the city's hidden recesses.
Achievements for this dungeon
- 10 points: Defeat Archaedas.
Quests for this dungeon
- [35D] A sign of hope
- Given by Prospector Ryedol in the Badlands. To get this quest you must first find a Crumpled Map in Badlands at Hammertoe's Excavation site (53,34). It's on the floor under the tent next to a big keg. This map starts a quest with the same name. Then go talk to Prospector Ryedoll further south, he will give you this quest.
You'll then have to find Hammertoe Grez in the dungeon before the instance entrance. Once you've found him, he will then give you [40D] Amulet of Secrets. Now you have to go to Magregan Deepshadow and kill him. He will drop the amulet so you can return to Hammertoe Grez. The final quest he'll give you, sends you out of the dungeon to finish the questchain.
-  Power Stones
- Given by Rigglefuzz in the Badlands. This quest will complete as you go. You have to collect 8 Dentium Power Stones and 8 An'Alleum Power Stones that drop of the dwarves, even outside the dungeon.
-  Agmond's Fate
- Given by Prospector Ironband in Loch Modan. This is the last quest of a questchain. To get this quest you first have to talk to Prospector Stormpike in the Hall of Explorer in Ironforge and get the quest  Ironband wants you! then go to Prospector Ironband (65,65) in Loch Modan and get the quest  Find Agmond where you need to click on a Battered Dwarven Skeleton (50,62) in Badlands. This will get you the quest  Murdaloc which you can complete directly next to the Dwarven Skeleton. Then go back to Prospector Ironband and finally get  Agmond's Fate.
To complete this quest you have to collect Carved Stone Urns that can be found in the noninstance part of Uldaman.
-  Solution to Doom
- Given by Theldurin the Lost in the Badlands. You have to pickup Tablet of Ryun'eh from a chest in the noninstance part of Uldaman.
- [40D] Power in Uldaman
- Given by Tabetha in Dustwallow Marsh. This is a mage only quest that's part of a questchain. You have to collect the Obsidian Power Source from the Obsidian Sentinal boss.
- [40D] The Lost Dwarves
- Given by Prospector Stormpike in Ironforge . You have to speek to Baegol inside the dungeon, he has a followup quest [40D] The Hidden Chamber for you. All you have to do for this last one, is walk in to the room of Ironaya.
- [41D] Necklace Recovery
- Given by Dran Droffers in Orgrimmar. This is the first of a questchain for which you have to go to Uldaman several times. For this one you have to kill Elite Dwarves outside the dungeon, until Shattered Necklace drops. Return that necklace to Orgrimmar and get the followup.
This followup [41D] Necklace Recovery, Take 2 sends you back to Uldaman to find the Remains of a Paladin. You get a journal from the Paladin and you will have to go to Jarkal Mossmeld in Kargath, Badlands to get the follow up.
Now you have access to the real dungeon quest [44D] Find the Gems and Power Source. The gems you need are found al over Uldaman. The first one is in a vase at the first boss Baelog. The second one is in a chest at the boss Galgann Firehammer. The third one is dropped by Grimlok the trogg. And finaly the power source is dropped by Archaedas, the last boss.
When you turn in this last quest you can pickup the last questchain of 2 quests  Deliver the Gems and  Necklace Recovery, Take 3 to get the necklace.
- [41D] The Shattered Necklace
- Started by Shattered Necklace in front of Uldaman. To get this one you have to kill Elite Dwarves outside the dungeon, until Shattered Necklace drops. Take the necklace to Talvash del Kissel in Ironforge and give him 5 Silver Bars to complete the next quest.
The next quest sends you back to the dungeon to find the Remains of a Paladin, who will give you [43D] Find the Gems.
Once you have all the parts of the necklace, search your bags for Talvash's Vial of Scrying, click it. Next to you on the floor a bowl will appear, right click it and get the follow up quest [44D] Restoring the Necklace.
- [42D] Uldaman Reagent Run
- Given by Ghak Healtouch in Loch Modan. This quest is realy a waste of time. But if you want to do it you can get it unlocked by doing  Badlands Reagent Run first. You need to collect a lot of stuff, for a crapy reward.
- [42D] Uldaman Reagent Run
- Given by Jarkal Mossmeld in Badlands. This quest is realy a waste of time. But if you want to do it you can get it unlocked by doing  Badlands Reagent Run first. You need to collect a lot of stuff, for a crapy reward.
-  Reclaimed Treasures
- Given by Krom Stoutarm in Ironforge. Take your group to the Krom Stoutarm's Treasure outside the instance part of the dungeon. You will find a Footlocker with the questitem inside to complete the quest.
-  Reclaimed Treasures
- Given by Patrick Garrett in Undercity. Take your group to the Garrett Family Treasure outside the instance part of the dungeon. You will find a Footlocker with the questitem inside to complete the quest.
- [45D] The Lost Tablets of Will
- Given by Advisor Belgrum in Ironforge. You have to get the Tablet of Will from Galgann Firehammer's room.
- [47D] The Platinum Discs
- Started by The Discs of Norgannon inside the dungeon. After you've killed the final boss just walk into the room behind him and click on the disks. then talk to Lore Keeper of Norgannon to the left and click on the discs again to complete the quest. Easy exp.
This is the map with important spots of the dungeon. Get full map here.
- Galgann Firehammer
- Ancient Stone Keeper
- Obsidian Sentinal
- Baelog (Alliance Quest giver)
- Remains of a Paladin (Quest giver)
- Annora (Enchanting trainer)
- Ancient Treasure (Chest)
- The Discs of Norgannon (Quest giver object)
(E = Entrance, B = Backdoor)
Bosses, tactics and drops
- [39-41E] Baelog
- This guy can be killed by Horde only.
Alliance: You can't kill him, but he has a followup quest [40D] The Hidden Chamber for you.
On the table next to him you'll find Gni'kiv Medallion, which is 1 of two parts you'll need for summoning Ironaya. Further down in one of the corners of the room you will find the Shattered Necklace Topaz for the Gem quest in a tall urn.
- [39-40E] Revelosh
- He's not that hard, even with his two adds. He drops the second part The Staff of Tsol you'll need for summoning Ironaya.
- [39E] Ironaya
- Ironaya is a giant that needs to be summoned. To do this you'll need the Staff of Prehistoria. Before you do, clear the WHOLE room with the green miniature town inside of it, "The Map Room". Check every corner, there are stealthers troggs. Once the room is cleared, on top of one of the buildings in the miniature town, there should be a hole to insert the Staff. The person who holds the staff just needs to right click when the group is ready. (Looks like "Raiders of the Lost Ark"). To get the Staff, you'll need to combine Gni'kiv Medallion from Baelog and The Staff of Tsol from Revelosh. Note that Tsol spells Lost and Gni'kiv spells Viking backwards and Baegol is one of the Lost Vikings (Baelog, Eric and Olaf) from another Blizzard game. Ironaya is stunable unlike most bosses. Take advantage of that.
Alliance: Don't forget to go in the room she came out of to complete [40D] The Hidden Chamber.
- [39-42E] Obsidian Sentinel
- He has Reflection abilities, which reflects all targeted spells back at the caster for a few seconds. This does not include AoE spells like Flamestrike, Arcane Explosion or Frost Nova, or wand attacks. He also will periodically "splinter" during battle, creating adds called Obsidian Shards. These are level 33 non-elites. They can also reflect spells. Each time he splinters, he shrinks in size and gains a "Splintered Obsidian" debuff that progressively decreases its attack power.
- [40E] Ancient Stone Keeper
- Clear the room before you engage battle with Stone Keeper. To clear it you'll need to kill some Earthen Packs. These packs consist of 5 non-elite dwarves, all immune to any kind of crowd control. In each earthen pack there are 4 Earthen Rocksmashers and 1 Earthen Scupltor. The Earthen sculptor must be killed first.
Once you have cleared the room you can go for Stone Keeper. He casts a little tornado which wanders around the room. Whoever is inside the tornade loses health, is snared and most importantly SILENCED. So your casters want to run away from this moving tornado. here are a lot of pillars in this room, so be careful not to go out of line of sight for heals.
- [40E] Galgann Firehammer
- Galgann Firehammer is with two other elite dwarves, which can be Sapped or Polymorphed. Galgann himself is a fire caster type. He also casts a fire debuff which increases the damage taken by fire spell, it can be dispelled by your priest or cleansed by the paladin. Kill him first and then deal with his adds.
There is a big chest named Shadowforge Cache in the room. BUT before opening it, have a mana break, because when someone opens the chest, four level 44 Elite dwarven ambushers pop up and attack you. Your group better be ready for it. After the four ambushers have been dealth with, loot the Shattered Necklace Ruby from the chest for the Gem quest.
Alliance: You have to pickup the Tablet of Will here for [45D] The Lost Tablets of Will.
- [40E] Grimlok
- Grimlok is a shaman, who has one basilisk elite pet and two trogg elite guards. Sap a trogg, Polymorph the basilisk if you can and kill Grimlok first. He doesn't have that much Hit points and he is the most annoying. 2nd is the basilisk pet. Then deal with the troggs last.
Don't forget to loot the Shattered Necklace Sapphire from Grimlok for the Gem quest.
Alliance: Now that you have all the parts of the necklace, search your bags for Talvash's Vial of Scrying, click it. Next to you on the floor a bowl will appear, right click it and get the follow up quest [44D] Restoring the Necklace.
- [40E] Archaedas
- You have to summon Archaedas by activating the altar in his room. Make sure youre ready before doing so. When you activate the altar, Archaedas becomes animated. Your tank should stand infront and get the first hits, and start building aggro on him, your healer heals the tank. The tank has to stay on Archaedas the WHOLE fight and ignore the adds.
Archaedas will randomly awaken one of the small statues of the outer circle with a visible beam of light. You should assign two persons of your group to kill those dwarves. Preferably classes with high damage output. The 5th person of the group can stay on Archaedas for now.
When Archaedas is in between 50-70% health, he calls for 6 little golem statues all at the same time. Don't panic, tank stays on Archaedas, priest heals, the 3 other persons of the group focus on killing those 6 adds as fast as they can, they don't have much HPs.
Ones they are down, 2 people should take care of the little dwarves again. These white dwarves must always be killed quick or they heal Archaedas.
At 20-30% there should be no white statue left and he will enrage and activate the last 2 statues, two elite Golems which help Archaedas and they really hurt, but they will disappear as soon as Archaedas is defeated. So focus on Archaedas, go full damage on him, ignore the 2 Golems. Save your high damage abilities for this part of the fight, burn Archaedas down quickly and you'll win.
Defeating Archaedas will open the last door, to the treasure room. Get inside there and click the Platinum Discs to get the quest [47D] The Platinum Discs and talk to Lore Keeper of Norgannon to the left. There is also a chest named "Ancient Treasure". Inside it are generally 3 green quality items, sometimes a 14 Slot backpack.
Before entering the dungeon
Horde: Quite some thinks to do before you can go in to the dungeon. When you've visited the Remains of a Paladin you actualy have to go out of the dungeon and return later. You could also make the choise to go to Uldaman multiple times.
- Go to Orgrimar and get [41D] Necklace Recovery from Dran Droffers.
- Then go to Undercity to get  Reclaimed Treasures from Patrick Garrett
- Go to Uldaman and keep on killing Elite dwarves outside the instanced part of Uldaman until one of them drops a Shattered Necklace and go back to Dran Droffers in Orgrimmar and get the follow up.
- Return to Uldaman and go into the instance. You'll get a journal from the Remains of a Paladin and you will have to go to Jarkal Mossmeld in Kargath to get the follow up.
Alliance: There is a lot to do before your ready for the dungeon. There is a lot of traveling in this preparation for the dungeon. If you don't like the traveling you can always make the choise to go multiple times into Uldaman.
- First find a Crumpled Map in Badlands at Hammertoe's Excavation site (53,34). It's on the floor under the tent next to a big keg. This map starts a quest with the same name.
- Then go talk to Prospector Ryedoll further south, he will give you [35D] A sign of hope.
- Then go to Ironforge and to talk to Prospector Stormpike in the Hall of Explorer in Ironforge and get the quest  Ironband wants you!
- Go to Prospector Ironband (65,65) in Loch Modan and get the quest  Find Agmond
- Find and click on a Battered Dwarven Skeleton (50,62) in Badlands. This will get you the quest  Murdaloc which you can complete directly next to the Dwarven Skeleton.
- Then go back to Prospector Ironband and finally get  Agmond's Fate.
- While in Ironforge get [40D] The Lost Dwarves from Prospector Stormpike and  Reclaimed Treasures from Krom Stoutarm.
- Now go to Uldaman, go down the first tunnel and clear the way until Hammertoe Grez. Talk to him and get the follow up. From Hammertoe Grez go down and you will arrive at the area named "Dig one". At the first Fork, take the tunnel to the left, then you'll be facing another fork, clear towards the left until you find Magregan Deepshadow and kill him. Loot Hammertoe's Amulet from him. Go back to Hammertoe Grez and get the follow up quest  Prospect of Faith.
- Then keep on killing Elite dwarves outside the instanced part of Uldaman until one of them drops a Shattered Necklace. Right-click it to start the quest >[41D] The Shattered Necklace.
- Get out of Uldaman and go talk to Prospector Ryedoll (53,43), get the follow up quest then go to Ironforge and talk to Talvash del Kissel in the Mystic Ward. Get the follow up quest  Lore for a Price from him, then bring him 5 Silver Bars and get the follow up [42D] Back to Uldaman (Dungeon).
- Then go to the Hall of Explorers and talk to Historian Karnik, get the follow up, talk to Advisor Belgrum to the left of Historian Karnik. Get the follow up and talk to Historian Karnik again. Get the quest [44E] An Ambassador of Evil.
- Go back to Badlands and go to the Angor Fortress, clear your way there to the main room and kill the Fire elemental named Ambassador Infernus. It's a level 42 elite fire elemental and it has two non-elite lvl 38-39 golem guards. Loot the bracers from the elemental and then go back to Ironforge and talk to Advisor Belgrum, get the quest [45D] The Lost Tablets of Will.
All: Go to the Badlands and get  Power Stones from Rigglefuzz (42,52) and  Solution to Doom from Theldurin the Lost (51,76). Don't forget to pickup the treasure quest item thats somewhere in the non-instance part of the dungeon.
If you are a mage go to Dustwallow Marsh and get [40D] Power in Uldaman from Tabetha.
See wow-europe, wowwiki and/or thottbot for more information.