Level and attunement
This guide shows only Alliance information.
Minimum entrance level: 10
Meetingstone level: 16-24
Advised level (most fun): 27-21
Achievements for this dungeon
- Wailing Caverns
- 10 points: Defeat Mutanus the Devourer.
Quests for this dungeon
- [17D] Deviate Hides
- Given by Nalpack in the secret cave above wailing caverns. To get there you have to climb the mountain first, then jump down right over the top of Wailing caverns’ entrance, and drop down again on the lower rocks, turn around and there’s the entrance to the secret cave. The quest is easy to do, Deviate Hides drop from any deviate type.
- [18D] Smart Drinks
- Given by Mebox Mizzyrix in Ratchet. Pre-requisite for this quest is  Raptor Horns, from the same npc. Wailing Essence drops from Ectoplasms, inside and outside of the instance.
-  Troubles at the docks
- Given by Crane Operator Bigglefuzz in Ratchet. You have to find a Npc named Mad Magglish, and he is invisable, but appears when you get close to him. When you enter the cavern, you will reach a fork, do not go left towards the water, this is the way towards the instance, go straight until you reach a drop off, jump down, the npc is on your right, in the corner. If he is not there: From the cavern entrance, take left at first fork, you will reach a pool of water, go left. Go till the end of this tunnel and you will find him there.
- [21D] Deviate Eradication
- Given by Ebru also in the secret cave above wailing caverns. Same as above with the  Deviate Hides quest.
-  The Glowing Shard
- Started by Glowing Shard that drops of Mutanus the Devourer. To complete this quest you have to talk to Sputtervalve in ratchet. He will send you to Lushwater oasis, on the top of WC, where Falla Sagewind is waiting for you.
This is the map with important spots of the dungeon. Get full map here.
- Verdan the Everliving
- Lord Pythas
- Lord Serpentis
- Lord Cobrahn
- Mutanus the Devourer
- Lady Anacondra
- Deviate Faerie Dragon (rare spawn)
- Disciple of Naralex
(E = Entrance)
Bosses, tactics and drops
- [19E] Deviate Faerie Dragon (rare spawn)
- This is a really rare spawn, it's believed to spawn only in 10% of the runs. The loot is ok when you find him.
- [20E] Lady Anacondra
- She is alone, no adds and can be in several places on the ledge above the water (see map). She can cast Sleep multiple times and this will keep you sleeping for about 16 seconds.
- [20E] Kresh
- Kresh is walking around in the water. He's not hard, just above avarage armor. For the hunters among you: He can be tamed and is quite a popular pet.
- [20-21E] Skum
- It's a lightning lizard. Nothing realy special about it.
- [20-22E] Mutanus the Devourer
- As explaned in the quest description, you have to do a couple of thinks before he will apears. After killing all the fanglords, go back to talk to the desciple at the entrance of the dungeon. You'll have to escort him through to the empty chamber accross the river from the main entrance. There, you'll have to hold off two waves of mobs (One group of elite deviate adders and then a huge load of non elite slimes). This is when the giant merlock Mutanus the Devourer apears. Killing him is not so hard, he's just as annoying as every other merlock.
When he's down you can loot a Glowing Shard which starts the  The Glowing Shard quest.
- [20E] Lord Cobrath
- He is fairly straightforward. There's a patrol in this area, so take out the patrol or let it pass first. Then kill his snake adds (there two or three) then focus on him. The only real threat to your health is the heavy melee damage he does to you in blood elf form. When he enters snake form at roughly 30% health he is alot more manageable.
- [20-21E] Lord Serpentis
- Just nuke this guy and take him out fast.
- [20-21E] Lord Pythas
- Just nuke this guy to and take him out fast.
- [20-21E] Verdan the Everliving
- It's a huge elemental that's a bit hard to take down. He hits hard and he needs a lot of damage. So prepare for a long fight. If there is no healer in your party, get ready to die.
Before entering the dungeon
All: Go do  Raptor Horns before you go to Ratchet to pick up some quests. Finaly on your way to the dungeon go to the secret cave above WC to get the final 2 quests.
See wow-europe, wowwiki and/or thottbot for more information.