Level and attunement
This guide shows all information (Alliance and Horde).
Minimum entrance level: 20
Meetingstone level: 24-32
Advised level (most fun): 25-28
Attunement: None. Optional you need Workshop Key that drops of 1 of the bosses for the backdoor.
From Blizzard's Official site:
|Located in Dun Morogh, the technological wonder known as Gnomeregan has been the gnomes' capital city for generations. Recently, a hostile race of mutant troggs infested several regions of Dun Morogh - including the great gnome city. In a desperate attempt to destroy the invading troggs, High Tinker Mekkatorque ordered the emergency venting of the city's radioactive waste tanks. Several gnomes sought shelter from the airborne pollutants as they waited for the troggs to die or flee. Unfortunately, though the troggs became irradiated from the toxic assault - their siege continued, unabated. Those gnomes who were not killed by noxious seepage were forced to flee, seeking refuge in the nearby dwarven city of Ironforge. There, High Tinker Mekkatorque set out to enlist brave souls to help his people reclaim their beloved city. It is rumored that Mekkatorque's once-trusted advisor, Mekgineer Thermaplug, betrayed his people by allowing the invasion to happen. Now, his sanity shattered, Thermaplug remains in Gnomeregan - furthering his dark schemes and acting as the city's new techno-overlord.
Achievements for this dungeon
- 10 points: Defeat Mekgineer Thermaplugg.
Quests for this dungeon
- [26D] Save Techbot's Brain!
- Given by Tinkmaster Overspark in Ironforge. You have to 'kill' Techbot and take his memory core. He isn't really in the dungeon but in the area before it at 20,32 inside the Loading Room. He is easy to kill, I don't know why it's called a dungeon quest.
- [27D] The Day After
- Given by Gnoarn in Ironforge. Just have to talk to his brother, where you can pick up the next quest.
- [27D] Gnogaine
- Given by Ozzie Togglevolt in Dun Morogh. You need to collect fallout, which you get from the troggs just outside the instance entrance. You have to take the samples from the irradiated troggs while they are alive. Keep getting samples untill your vale is filled. Again this is not realy a dungeon quest, but it has a followup quest that is a dungeon quest [30D] The Only Cure is More Green Glow. For this one you have to collect more fallout, but this time inside the dungeon from the green slimes. The samples will last no more then 2 hours, so turn the quest in on time.
- [30D] Gyrodrillmatic Excavationators
- Given by Shoni the Shilent in Ironforge. You need to get some spareparts from the robots inside the dungeons. You can collect them while doing the other quests and clearing the dungeon.
- [30D] Data Rescue
- Given by Master Mechanic Castpipe in Ironforge. For this one you have to get cards to put in a cardreader. The cardreader then provides another card for the next reader. Here is a description of where to find each card. You must get them in order if you want to get the Prismatic Card.
- White card: Get this card from the gnomes and troggs that surround the instance. These mobs are NOT elite. They are regular mobs.
- Yellow card: Before you enter the instance, you should get this card. Entering Gnomregone, there is an elevator that takes you to a lower floor and leads to a "train station". When you come to a fork in the road, take the right side. (The left side leads to the instance's entrance). The right side will lead to the back door and the "loading room" with Techbot usually waiting inside. Around the Techbot's area there are several boxes labeled "Matrix Punchograph 3005-A". Open one up and get your new pass card.
- Blue card: In the instance, you might take several different directions, but eventually you will get to an area with a bunch of green toxic blobs. The room just before this area has a bunch of troggs and also has boxes labeled "Matrix Punchograph 3005-B", which gives you a new pass card.
- Red card: In the room with all the green blobs, continue on through a corridor and into a large circular area. In the center of the area is Electrocutioner 6000 guarding the next box (Matrix Punchograph 3005-C). Kill him and open the box to get the next card.
- Prismatic card: As you leave Electrocutioner 6000's platform, take a left turn and enter the hallway that will be on your right side. Go through the hall and make a left when it splits off. Get past the first group of mobs and take a right down a hall with an elevator (Unless you want to kill the Crowd Pummeler 9-60. You would have to keep going straight if you want to run into him). Go down the elevator and on the other side of the room is a box labeled Matrix Punchograph 3005-D. Open it and get the final card.
- [30D] Essential Artificials
- Given by Clockmort Spannerspam in Ironforge. You have to find artifacts hidden in machines. They look like 6' tall closet/safes with big safe-like wheels on the front, hidden in dark corners through Gnomeregan. But watch out for roaming Alert Systems!
- [30D] The Sparklematic 5200!
- Given by The Sparklematic 5200 in the clean zone inside the dungeon. You need a "Grime encrusted object" that drops of any mob. This item can be cleaned by the Sparklematic 5200. After you have done this it will turn in to a repeatable quest [30D] More Sparklematic Action. Every time you clean an encrusted item, it will cost you 3 silver.
- [30D] A fine mess
- Given by Kernobee inside the dungeon. It's a simple escort quest. Kernobee wants to leave the dungeon.
- [34D] Grime-Encrusted Ring
- Started by a Grime Encrusted Ring which is a random drop from dark iron dwarves in the deerprun tram part of the instance. You have to bring the ring to the The Sparklematic 5200 and get it cleaned. Then you get the followup [35D]Return of the Ring so you can return the ring to Nogg or Talvash del Kissel. "Its my ring.. I found it... My... precious... "
- [35D] Rig Wars
- Given by Nogg in Orgrimar. You need two items to complete this quest. Both are in the final chamber which is Mekgineer Thermaplugg's room. One of the items is in the small safe behind Thermaplugg. For the combination of the safe you have to kill him. He is quite hard to kill, and bombs are comming from everywhere. The bombs come from the pilars that have a big red switch on it. You can turn off the pillars (by pressing the switches) so that they won't generate any bombs anymore for some time.
- [35D] The Grand Betrayal
- Given by High Tinker Mekkatorque in Ironforge. You have to kill Mekgineer Thermaplugg. He is quite hard to kill, and bombs are comming from everywhere. The bombs come from the pilars that have a big red switch on it. You can turn off the pillars (by pressing the switches) so that they won't generate any bombs anymore for some time. Prepare for a long fight.
This is the map with important spots of the dungeon:
- Mekgineer Thermaplugg
- Dark Iron Ambassador (rare spawn)
- Electrocutioner 6000
- Crowd Pummeler 9-60
- Grubbis and Chomper
- Viscous Fallout
(E = Entrance, B = Backdoor)
Bosses, tactics and drops
- [28-30E] Viscous Fallout
- This one has alot of friends around, so clear some of the mobs near the wall first. Then keep close to the wall and wait for Fallout and start the fight with your back to the wall.
- [28E] Grubbis and [26E] Chomper
- After you enter Gnomeregan and head left. At the end of the first tunnel on the left a female gnome is waiting. She starts an escort event where you must protect her. As she goes down the hallway, two tunnels collaps. Right before she blows the second tunnel Grubbis and his pet basilisk will spawn and attack. They're easy to kill.
- [28E] Crowd Pummeler 9-60
- He's immune to a lot of things and he often attacks a party member that hasn't got aggro. Stay alert whit this one.
- [28E] Electrocutioner 6000
- He's hard like all mechanics in here. He hits hard and has a lot of armor himself.
- [28E] Mekgineer Thermaplugg
- When you fight him, you'll be swarmed by many bombs. You can kill him when you ignore the bombs, but it's easier when you make sure no bombs are comming. The trick is to have one person in your party dedicated to running around pushing the big red buttons on the pillars that launch the bombs. If a pillar is glowing with green electricity, it needs to be shut down by pushing the button. Thermaplugg will reactivate them by shooting lightning at them. Keep the pillars deactivated and Thermaplugg is easy.
Before entering the dungeon
Alliance: If you are in Stormwind you can pick up  Twinkmaster Overspark for extra experience, it isn't a must. Go to Ironforge and get the quests from there, which are [26D] Save Techbot's Brain!, [27D] The Day After, [30D] Gyrodrillmatic Excavationators, [30D] Data Rescue, [30D] Essential Artificials and finaly [35D] The Grand Betrayal. Then go to Ozzie Togglevolt in Dun Morogh get the first quest. Make sure you finish [27D] Gnogaine first and get the followup from Ozzie. Now you're ready to enter the dungeon.
Horde: Because the dungeon is deep into Alliance territory (next to Ironforge) its hard and far to walk there. You can get a transport there. What you have to do:
- Go to Orgrimmar and get the quest [35D] Rig Wars from Nogg;
- Talk to the engeniering supplier Sovik and get [35D] Chief Engineer Scooty
- Then fly to Ratchet and take a boat to Booty Bay;
- Speak to Scooty and get the followup [35D] Gnomer-gooooone!;
- Wait few moments to get attuned and then go into the teleport machine you see in front of you. This will bring you to the dungeon.
See wow-europe, wowwiki and/or thottbot for more information.