Level and attunement
This guide shows all information (Alliance and Horde).
Minimum entrance level: 20
Meetingstone level: 28-44
Advised level (most fun): 33-35
From Blizzard's Official site:
|The Monastery was once a proud bastion of Lordaeron's priesthood - a center for learning and enlightenment. With the rise of the undead Scourge during the Third War, the peaceful Monastery was converted into a stronghold of the fanatical Scarlet Crusade. The Crusaders are intolerant of all non-human races, regardless of alliance or affiliation. They believe that any and all outsiders are potential carriers of the undead plague - and must be destroyed. Reports indicate that adventurers who enter the monastery are forced to contend with Scarlet Commander Mograine - who commands a large garrison of fanatically devoted warriors. However, the monastery's true master is High Inquisitor Whitemane - a fearsome priestess who possesses the ability to resurrect fallen warriors to do battle in her name.
Achievements for this dungeon
- Scarlet Monastery
- 10 points: Defeat the Scarlet Crusade within the Scarlet Monastery. (Kill Arcanist Doan in this part of the dungeon)
Quests for this dungeon
-  Hearts of Zeal
- Given by Master Apothecary Faranell in Undercity. This this is the follow up of [30D] Going, Going, Guano! from Razorfen Kraul. You need 20 hearts of any Scarlet NPC and they don't need to be inside the dungeon.
-  Test of Lore
- Given by Parqual Fintallas in Undercity. The quest itself is very easy. We have to pick up a book from the library. The hard part here is the long chain of pre-requisite quest we have to pick up. Here it is:
- Pickup  Test of Faith from Dorn Plainstalker in Thousand Needles
- DON'T jump yet... if you do you'll die. Instead, turn around and find the planks slightly behind ypu and to the left. From there you jump..... it realy is a test of faith. ;) Almost as soon as you have JUMPED off the edge, you'll see "Quest Completed". About 75 percent of the way down you'll be teleported back where the guy will reward you.
- Now you can get the follow up  Test of Endurance.
- Get to 27,49 and kill Grenka, easy as hell. Not realy a test of endurance.
- Turn the quest back in and get  Test of Strength and kill Rok'Alim allong the south side of Thousand Needles (between 11,22 and 26,42)
- The followup  Test of Lore brings you to Braug Dimspirit in Stonetalon Mountains (76,74). Here you have to pick up a book in his cave, answer a question (Answer is Neltharion, option 2)
- Now you have to go to Undercity and talk to Parqual Fintallas who will give you the dungeon quest  Test of Lore
When you finaly turn this quest back in, you have to answer a question. The answer to the question is: "Ner'zhul" (Option 3). Then you have to turn in the last quest  Final Passage in Thousand Needles to get your reward.
-  Compendium of the Fallen
- Given by Sage Truthseeker in Undercity. You have to pick up a book in the last part of the dungeon.
-  Mythologie of the Titans
- Given by Librarian Mae Paladust in Ironforge. You have to pick up a book in the last part of the dungeon.
- [40D] In the name of the Light
- Given by Raleigh the Devout in Hillsbrad Foothills. This quest is the boss killing quest for the Alliance. You need to kill bosses in all parts of the Scarlet Monastery. (Library, Armory and Cathedral). The first boss on the kill list can be found in this dungeon.
- [25D] Rituals of Power
- Given by Magus Tirth, in the Barrens. This is a quest for Mages only and has some pre-requisites. You have to kickup the Rituals of Power from the library.
- [42D] Into the Scarlet Monastery
- Given by Varimathras in Undercity. This quest is the boss killing quest for the Horde. You need to kill bosses in all parts of the Scarlet Monastery. (Library, Armory and Cathedral). The first boss on the kill list can be found in this dungeon.
This is the map with important spots of the dungeon. Get full map here.
- Arcanist Doan
- Houndmaster Loksey
(E = Entrance, CS = Chest spawn)
Bosses, tactics and drops
- [34E] Houndmaster Loksey
- He has some hound adds, but still not so hard. Kill him first, then his hounds.
- [35-37E] Arcanist Doan
- He's pretty easy. When he says "Burn in Righteous Fire" run as far away from him as possible (you get a few seconds before the blast) and you will take minimal damage. He gas some silencing abilities to.
After killing this boss, don't forget to pick up the Scarlet key behind him. You need this key to get attuned for the Armory and Cathedral parts.
Before entering the dungeon
Horde: First you should can pick up the quest [38D] Compendium of the Fallen in Thunder Bluff. Second step is to get de questchain done for [36D] Test of Lore.
When you are in Undercity pick up the other 2 quests for the dungeon.
Alliance: Pick up the quest  Mythologie of the Titans in Ironforge and [40D] In the name of the Light in Southshore.
All: If you are a Mage, you should pick up [25D] Rituals of Power in Thousand Needles after you've completed the pre-requisites.
See wow-europe, wowwiki and/or thottbot for more information.