Level and attunement
This guide shows all information (Alliance and Horde).
Minimum entrance level: 20
Meetingstone level: 28-44
Advised level (most fun): 36-40
Attunement: Scarlet Key from the Library part of Scarlet Monastery.
From Blizzard's Official site:
|The Monastery was once a proud bastion of Lordaeron's priesthood - a center for learning and enlightenment. With the rise of the undead Scourge during the Third War, the peaceful Monastery was converted into a stronghold of the fanatical Scarlet Crusade. The Crusaders are intolerant of all non-human races, regardless of alliance or affiliation. They believe that any and all outsiders are potential carriers of the undead plague - and must be destroyed. Reports indicate that adventurers who enter the monastery are forced to contend with Scarlet Commander Mograine - who commands a large garrison of fanatically devoted warriors. However, the monastery's true master is High Inquisitor Whitemane - a fearsome priestess who possesses the ability to resurrect fallen warriors to do battle in her name.
Achievements for this dungeon
- Scarlet Monastery
- 10 points: Defeat the Scarlet Crusade within the Scarlet Monastery. (Kill Scarlet Commander Mograine and High Inquisitor Whitemane in this part of the dungeon)
Quests for this dungeon
- [40D] In the name of the Light
- Given by Raleigh the Devout in Hillsbrad Foothills. This quest is the boss killing quest for the Alliance. You need to kill bosses in all parts of the Scarlet Monastery. (Library, Armory and Cathedral). The last 2 bosses on the kill list can be found in this dungeon.
- [42D] Into the Scarlet Monastery
- Given by Varimathras in Undercity. This quest is the boss killing quest for the Horde. You need to kill bosses in all parts of the Scarlet Monastery. (Library, Armory and Cathedral). The last 2 bosses on the kill list can be found in this dungeon.
This is the map with important spots of the dungeon. Get full map here.
- Scarlet Commander Mograine
- High Inquisitor Whitemane
- High Inquisitor Fairbanks
(E = Entrance, CS = Chest spawn)
Bosses, tactics and drops
- [40E] High Inquisitor Fairbanks
- Just kill him like normal Elite. He can Heal himself, thats all. To get to him you have to click a lantern.
- [40E] High Inquisitor Whitemane
- Whitemane and Mograine have to be killed in the same fight. Check the tactics for Mograine!
- [40E] Scarlet Commander Mograine
- First of all you have to kill EVERYTHING in the Cathedral before pulling Mograine and Whitemane. If you just kill the guys leading to him, and pull him, when he yells, every other crusader in the building will charge at you along with him. Whitemane and Mograine have to be killed in the same fight. Once you kill Mograine the doors behind him will open and out will come High Inquisitor Whitemane. She's pissed off that you killed the Commander. She is a priest type person, and will cast mainly Smite for damage. When she gets down to about 1/3rd health she will stun everyone in the group and run over to Mograine's body. She will then cast a spell that resurrects him. She then heals to full life. Then you fight the two together, starting with the High Inquisitor because she deals more damage with her spells and heals.
If you kill Whitemane before she can res Mograine, you will get no loot from them. So make sure she does!
Before entering the dungeon
Pick up the quest if you haven't already for one of the other Scarlet Monastery dungeons.
See wow-europe, wowwiki and/or thottbot for more information.